Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ok, I can't believe I'm actually blogging. I tried to post a blog two weekends ago (Conner pooped in the bathtub for the first time on Valentine's day. It was so gross!) and I ended up having to save it as a draft twice. As you can see, it never made it online. Oh well...at least I tried. :)

Life is just pretty busy at this stage, as all of you girls know. Winters are hard for us b/c we are always sick. We seem to have a little break now, so I'm praying it will last for a little while, especially since we are heading to Florida in a couple of weeks.

I'm so excited (not about the car ride -- last year our 9 hour drive took 18 hours! Yikes. Hoping this year is a little smoother and much faster). My mom will be back from her 6 month stint in New Zealand, we will get to spend time with my dad, my aunts and uncles (2 sets) will be in from Nova Scotia, and my cousin, his wife and 4 boys will be in FL also. I haven't seen my cousin since I was in high school, junior high...I really can't remember. It has been a very long time. Anyway, it will be like a small family reunion for me. Yippie!

Since January I have been working 3 days a week. I am really enjoying it. It is truly a blessing to have a job right now, and my boys get to have a blast at Ms. Donna's house while I work. She is the greatest!

Conner is 16 months old now and is in to EVERYTHING!!! And boy is he a climber. The changing table is coming out of his room b/c he scales it like he's a professional rock climber. He enjoys dancing on the kitchen table, much to his mommy's dismay. What he lacks in stature (he's not quite 20 lbs. yet. He is finally filling out his 6-9 mos. and 12 months clothes!), he certainly makes up for in determination and persistence.

Christopher is 3, going on 6, I like to say. He is constantly engaging anyone he can in conversation, and his questions are at least 6 layers deep (and the, "well Christopher, why do you think?" doesn't work. He's much to smart and truly inquisitive for that). He is very independent and likes to do everything himself these days (pour his own milk, fix his own sandwich, etc.), except for using the potty on a consistent basis. We are working on it! He keeps me laughing and gives me gray hair all at the same time. :)

I do love my sweet, busy boys and I am so thankful for them. Here are a few somewhat recent pics. :)



BTW...I'm going to try to post a blog at least once every 2 weeks. I was going to strive for every week, but I'd rather not set myself up for failure.

:)

3 comments:

ginaburch said...

ugh, once every couple of weeks beats once every 5 months:) i am in shock over here....connor is huge! missing you and your boys!

notes of em said...

yay and welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Mal and connor need to get together and dance on the kitchen table...seems to be a trend as I find her up there more often than I would like! glad to see you back in the blogging world!