Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beach Trip





We are back from our beach trip. It was a relatively short trip (5 days), but it was great. It is always good to leave when you don't want to (as opposed to be so ready to leave and to still have a few more days before you can go home).

They boys did great. Steve and I got up at 3 am (after going to bed at 12:30a) and we hit the road with Christopher and Conner at 3:45a. We are thankful to God for the safe journey, lack of traffic and most of all, for the DVD player. This was a life saver, literally! The trip was 13 hours each way and since our trip went so smoothly on the way down, we used the exact same strategy on the way back. We did stop a few times at Chic-A-Lay (as Christopher calls it) to let the boys shake out their sillies. :)

The weather was incredible. Makes me long for the warmer Spring weather to arrive. We made it to the beach 3 times and we have the best time. I love, love, love the beach. I wish I could go there all of the time. Maybe it's because I great up near the ocean, but there is nothing like the sea breeze, the crashing waves and the warmth of the sun that makes me breathe deep and fall into relaxation mode.

Christopher loved building sand castles and running through the water. Conner LOVED the sand (as soon as we stepped out on the beach he plopped down ready to play... little did he know we had a few hundred yards to go before we would set up our "spot". Conner amused everyone by running around, saying "hi" to everyone, rolling in the sand and yes, using his face as a bulldozer in the sand (I should have had the camera on hand for that one!).





Our set-up in the sand. I was so proud of it I had to take a picture. :)











Enjoying our time at Siesta Key beach in Sarasota, FL. This is a great beach. Loved it!








I got to see a lot of my relatives from Nova Scotia on this trip. It was like a mini reunion. We got to spend some time with Aunts and Uncles and one of my cousins. It was really fun getting to see everyone. Of course, we got to spend time with my parents. It is always great to spend time with them. I really enjoyed seeing my mom since she just returned from a 6 month stint in New Zealand.

We can't wait to go to the beach again!



My cousin Brent, his wife Leeann, Uncle Rick
(my dad's brother), my dad and Steve. Missing in
picture are Aunt Marie and most of the children
(our 2 boys, and Brent and Leeann's 4 boys!).





Visiting with "Nanny" Norma (my mom's sister--that's what Christopher calls her b/c she looks like my mom), Uncle Dick, my dad and Conner.


2 comments:

Elizabeth Myatt said...

Looks like a great time had by all! Hope you all are doing well, miss you-
Lizzy

ginaburch said...

okay, officially signing off here. let me know when to start checking again:)
love you all!